Ratan Jyoti Netralaya has a team of highly qualified and experienced medical professionals possessing expertise, competence and skill led by Dr Purendra Bhasin, a well know-known Ophthalmologist who has participated in several national and international conferences and has been conferred with national and international awards on his presentations.
DR. PURENDRA BHASIN
M.S. (Ophthalmology), MNAMS
Ratan Jyoti Netralaya
Ophthalmic Institute & Research Centre
PROFILE OF DR PURENDRA BHASIN
Participation in International Conferences
- Presented paper on Scleal Fix IOL in American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Conference in une 2002 at Philadelphia, USA.
- Invited at the Eighth Annual Nidek International Excimer Laser Symposium on Dec. 6-7, 2002 at Shanghai, China.
- Presented paper at ESCRS Conference 2003, at Munich, Germany.
- Present paper at the Phakonit 2 Conference on 28 to 30 Jan. 2005 in Geneva (Switzerland) as a Guest Faculty.
- Presented paper at the APAO-2006 Conference 10-11 June 2006 in Singapore as a Guest Faculty.
- Presented paper at ESCRS Conference on 9-13th Sect. 2006 in London as a Guest Faculty.
- Presented paper at American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery Conference at San Diego, USA on 28th April -2nd May 2007.
- Presented paper at ESCRS Conference at Stockholm in Sept. 2007.
- Keeping pace with the technological advancement, Dr. Purendra Bhasin presented a scientific paper at ASCRS, CHICAGO, U.S.A. from 4th -8th April‘08.
- Participated in XXVI Congress of the ESCRS in Berlin from 13th Sept. to 16th Sept. and presented two papers on Combined Phacoemulsification & Transpupillary silicon oil removal through the corneal incision and Intracameral 0.5% moxifloxacin for endophthalmitis prophylaxis in cataract surgery in Instructional Course Presentation.
- A workshop on “ Community Ophthalmology & Hospital Administration’’ was held on 18th May ‘2008 in Ratan Jyoti Netralaya, in which Dr. Rachel Jose, Addl. Director General of Health, G.O.I. Delhi, was invited as a Chief Guest, she enlightened is with ’Role of N.G.O.’s in National programme for control of blindness & Gout support for it’.
- Presented papers in countries: Berlin (Germany) from 13th to 16th Sept., Bahrain in March 2009, Japan in June 2009, Boston (USA) in April 2010, Paris in Sept.2010.
Participation in National Conferences
- Various other national conferences in 2002 (Mumbai), 2004 (Agra), 2006 (Coimbatore), 2006 (Dehradun), 2007 (Mumbai), 2007 New Delhi, Aug. 2008 (Mumbai), Sept. 2008 (Mumbai), Oct. 2008 (Baroda), May 2010 (Ujjain), June 2010 (Indore), June 2010 (Nagpur), August 2010 (Mumbai), January 2011 (Mumbai), May 2011 (Pilibhit), June 2011 (Indore), June 2011 (Patna), August, 2011 (Aligarh) August 2011 (Mumbai) September 2011 M H (Gwalior), November, 2011 (Kolkata).
- Invited as a Guest Faculty in Delhi Ophthalmic Society Conferences held on 6th April 2002, April 2004, April 2005, April 2006 (Kanpur), April 2007 and March 2009 at Delhi.
- Invited as a Guest Faculty to M.P. State Ophthalmic Society conferences in Oct. 2004 (Indore), Oct. 2006 (Jabalpur), Oct. 2007 (Chitrakoot), Oct. 2008 (Ujjain) and Oct. 2009 (Bhopal), 2010 (Gwalior).October 2011 (Indore).
- Invited as Guest Faculty to IIRSI conferences in July 2004 (Chennai), July 2005 (Chennai), Aug. 2005 (Pune), July 2006 (Chennai), Sept. 2006 (New Delhi), July 2007 (Chennai), July 2008 (Chennai), July 2009 (Chennai), July 2010 (Chennai), July 2011 (Chennai), August 2011 (New Delhi).
- Invited to All India Ophthalmic Society conferences as Guest Faculty in Jan. 2003 (New Delhi), Jan. 2004 (Varanasi), Jan. 2005 (Bhubneshwar), Feb. 2006 (Bhopal), Feb. 2007 (Hyderabad), Feb. 2008 (Banglore), Feb. 2009 (Jaipur), Jan. 2010 (Kolkata), Feb. 2011 (Ahmedabad).
Dr Priyamvada Bhasin
Consultant- Vitreo Retina Clinic
Ratan Jyoti Netralaya
Ophthalmic Institute & Research Centre
Dr Priyamvada Bhasin, daughter of late Justice Hargovind Mishra, and wife of Dr Purendra Bhasin belongs to a highly reputed family who did her schooling from Padma Kanya Vidyalaya, Gwalior. She graduated herself from Gajra Raja Medical College in General Medicine and Surgery in the year 1988 and in the year 1993, she was awarded with Master Degree in Ophthalmology from the same institution affiliated to Jiwaji University, Gwalior.
With the quest to excel, both Dr Purendra Bhasin and Priyamvada Bhasin joined Arvind Eye Hospital, Madurai which is a Research and Training Institute where they were awarded fellowships in General Ophthalmology - Anterior Segment Microsurgery and Retina & Vitreous Surgery respectively. She has performed more than 4000 Retinal Detachment & nearly 1100 other complicated Retina Surgeries, about 8200 Anterior Segment Surgeries, 25000 Retina Laser, Fundus Fluorescein Angiography.
Dr B. Shukla
M.S. MAMS, FICS, FACS (USA), FAMS,
Ph.D (Landon), D.Sc (Jiw)
Research and Community Services
Dr B. Shukla is a highly qualified doctor. Graduated from Nagpur University in 1959, he pursued his MS, MAMS, FICS, FACS, FAMS and was the first person to be awarded Ph.D. in ophthalmology in India. He underwent advanced training in Glaucoma & Cornea, squint, Ocular Trauma, ERG, Contact Lens, Oculoplasty, IOL, Community Medicine, Paediatric Ophthalmology, eye banking, keratoplasty, retinal detachment, Hospital Administration etc at various institutions.
He held various responsible positions throughout his career like Demonstrator, Reader and Professor in Ophthalmology in GRMC Gwalior. He has been the Founder and Director of Regional Institute of ophthalmology, Bhopal and also the Director of State Institute of Health Management and Communication, Gwalior and Gwalior Ophthalmic Centre.
He has been conferred as many as 21 Honours & awards in and outside the country. He has also been the Secretary, Joint Secretary and President of National Society for Prevention of Blindness. Besides this, he was the President of M.P. State Ophthalmic Society, All India Ophthalmic Society, Ocular Trauma Society of India. He is the member of various organizations in India and abroad.
Till now, he has participated more than 15 international conferences in India and abroad. He was also invited as Guest Speaker in 19 national and international conferences .
He has also published 36 papers in National and International Journals and various books on Ocular Trauma.
Dr Arpita Basia (Glaucoma fellowship , MS, MBBS)
Dr Arpita Basia has done her M.B.B.S. from L.L.R.M Medical College, Meerut and her M.S. from Regional Institute of Ophthalmolgy, Allahabad. She has done her fellowship in Glaucoma from LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. She also worked as Glaucoma consultant at LV Prasad Eye Institute. She is an expert in doing glaucoma surgeries like trabeculectomies with and without MMC, combined trabeculectomies, Glaucoma implants, trabeculectomy with trabeculotomy, bleb revisions and laser iridotomies.
Apart from this she is an expert in all types of cataract surgery (including SICS and phacoemulsification) simple or complicated (phacomorphic, phacolytic, dislocated or subluxated lens management and SFIOL implantation) and also in management of all types of glaucoma including congenital and paediatric refractive glaucomas and also glaucoma following PK, DSAEK, Boston KPro, OOKP and retinal surgeries.
Dr MANOJ SAXENA
Dr Manoj Saxena did his M.B.B.S. degree and post graduation from G.R. Medical College, Gwalior in the year 1989 and 1991 respectively. Having completed his post graduation, he joined Sitapur Eye Hospital, Sitapur (UP) and worked in various branches of the said hospital particularly at Bareily and Nainital till 1996. Thereafter he joined Thakkar Hospital, Nagpur and worked there for 2 years upto 1998. After this, he started his own private practice at Gwalior and associated himself with Charitable Eye Hospitals. Till now, he has performed more than 20000 surgeries including IOL and Glaucoma surgeries. He has recently joined Ratan Jyoti Netralaya as Consultant- General Ophthalmology and looking after the chariable work of the Ratan Jyoti Charitable Foundation.
He is a life member of All India Ophthalmic Society, M.P. Ophthalmic Society and now holding the post of Secretary, Divisional Ophthalmic Society, Gwalior.
Dr KUNDAN KUMAR SINGH
Dr Kundan Singh did MBBS from Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur in 2000 and MD (Ophthalmology) from Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi in Dec. 2004. He is an expert in Phacoemulsification and well experienced in imparting phaco training to the candidates. He has vast experience in Phaco , treating emergency cases, tear repairs, pterygium with autograft, C3R, DCR/DCT and other minor procedures. He is thorough in clinical ophthalmology with special expertise in direct & indirect ophthalmoscopy S/L examination with +90 D, applanation tonometry, gonioscopy, USG, OCT fundus fluorescein angiography reading and lasers.
He has worked as Senior Resident at I-care Eye Hospital & Research Institute, Noida upto Aug. 2009 and in Kedia Eye Hospital, Birguni, Nepal upto March 2008. Besides, he has also worked as Assistant Professor at NMCTH, Birgunj, Nepal from Jan. 2006 to May 2007 and as Research Associate at Dr R.P. Centre in 2005. He has also worked in a prestigious in Dr R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS which is one of the Asia’s best ophthalmic training Centre. Before joining Ratan Jyoti Netralaya, he had worked as Consultant in Jeevan Rekha Hospital, Kashipur, Uttarakhand.
Dr Prateek Gujar (FMRF, MS, MBBS)
Dr Prateek Gujar has done his M.B.B.S. from N.S.C.B. Medical College, Jabalpur (1999-2005) and his M.S. from Regional institute of Ophthalmolgy, Allahabad. (2005-2008).He has served as senior resident in R.I.O., Allahabad after completing his post graduation. He has done his fellowship in Cornea and Refractive surgeries from Sankara Nethralaya; Chennai (2008-2010).He has also done special training in dispensing contact lenses from Venu Eye Hospital, New Delhi. He is an expert in doing corneal surgeries like penetrating keratoplasties(Optical and Therapeutic),Lamellar keratoplasties like DALK(Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty) and DSEK(Descemet’s stripping endothelial keratoplasty),Pterygium surgery with conjuctival autograft,Amniotic membrane transplantation,Ocular surface reconstruction,Corneal tear repair, collagen cross linking,corneal tattoing,ocular surface neoplasia management.
Apart from this he is an expert in management of corneal pathologies like infectious keratitis, corneal dystrophies and degenrations,Keratoconus and other corneal ectasias,Post keratoplasty management, Dry eyes,SJS,OCP,Chemical injury,PUK& allergic disorders.
Dr MANEESH KUMAR
Dr Maneesh Kumar completed graduation and post graduation in 1989 and 1995 respectively, from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. Thereafter he did Senior Residency from 1995 to 1998 at Guru Nanak Eye Centre, New Delhi. While at the Centre, Dr Maneesh Kumar was adjudged the Best Senior Resident in Maulana Azad Medical College and associated hospitals - Guru Nanak Eye Centre, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital and G B Pant Hospital. During Senior residency, he developed an interest in Oculoplastic surgery. To pursue this interest, Dr Maneesh Kumar did a Fellowship program at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, in 1998-99.
Since 2000, Dr Maneesh Kumar has been practicing as an oculoplastic surgeon, and providing functional and cosmetic improvement in cases with ‘ocular adnexa’ problems.
Dr. Amit Basia
Dr. Amit Basia passed his MBBS from Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College Pune in 2000, he did
his internship from Bada Hindu Rao Hospital in 2001. Passed Diploma in Opnthalmology from
Aravind Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology under the Tamil Nadu Medical
University, Chennai. He passed Diplomate of national board (Ophthalmology) from Aravind Eye Hospital
and Post Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology. Also passed International Council of Ophthalmology
examinations (UK) in 2006.He became member of National Board of Medical Science in 2008. He is very
well versed with the basic examination techniques like slit lamp examination, indirect ophthalmoscopy,
applanation tonometry, goniscopy, minor procedures like chalazion removal, DCT, foreign body removal,
pterygium removal with autograft, yag cap , yag PI, enucleation, evisceration procedures etc., during
his tenure he has done more than 5000 cataract surgeries including SICS, Phaco. He has done his
fellowship in Vitreoretina from prestigious Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai . he is well versed with retinal
detachment surgeries, intraocular foreign body removal, vitrectomies for various conditions viz diabetic
retinopathy, nucleous dropped removal, sclera buckling, epiretinal membrane removal, sclera fixated
IOL, endophthalmitis case managements, dropped IOL removal etc . He has presented papers and
posters at various national conferences.
Dr. Ravi Chandil
Dr. Ravi Chandil completed his MBBS from N.S.C.B. Medical College, Jabalpur in 2002 and DOMS from S.S. Medical College Rewa in 2006. He did his Glaucoma fellowship from Sadguru Netra Chikitsalaya, Chitrakoot. He has worked as Consultant & head Glaucoma department, Sadguru Netra Chikitsalaya, Chitrakoot and in Eye Q Superspeciality eye hospital Hisar, Haryana as cataract and Refractive surgeon. He has performed more than 3000 Glaucoma surgeries including Trabeculectomy, Triple procedure, Phacotrabeculectomy, Glaucoma shunt valve, Cyclocryotherepy, Diode Laser Cyclophotocoagulation, Surgical PI, Bleb rescue and needling. In addition he has also done more than 11,000 manual SICS, 5000 Phacoemulsification and more than 500 LASIK surgeries. He is presently working as a Glaucoma Consultant at our hospital.
- Presented paper on “ Is LASIK surgery making the job challenging for glaucoma clinician” in MPSOS 2008 and won the Smt Narsingh Bahadur award for the best paper for glaucoma
- Presented paper on Vascular Inflammation ”Its Role in NTG” in MPSOS 2010 and won the Prof D.N.S. Chaudhary Award (best of best paper)
- Special recognition award of the year 2011 by Eye Q Superspeciality Eye hospitals
Presentations and participation at various conferences
- 1 papers, 1 poster in All India Ophthalmological Conferences (2009, 2012).
- 1 paper and 1 video in Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society 2009, New Delhi.
- 4 paper, 3 posters, and 1 video in Annual Conference of MP State Ophthalmological Society (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011).
- 1 poster in Annual Meeting of India Eye Research Group, 2008, Arvind Eye Hospital Madurai
- 1 poster in Annual Meeting of Asia ARVO 2009, L.V.Prasad Eye Institute Hyderabad
Conferences/ Symposium/CME participated
- All India Ophthalmological Conference 2006 Bhopal, 2009 Jaipur, 2010 Kolkata, 2012 cochin
- Annual Conference of MP State Ophthalmological Society 2007 Chitrakoot, 2008 Ujjain, 2009 Bhopal, 2010 Gwalior,2011 Indore
- Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society 2009, 2011, New Delhi.
- Annual Meeting of Asia ARVO 2009, Hyderabad.
- Annual Meeting of India Eye Research Group 2008, Arvind Eye Hospital Madurai
- Glaucoma Update held at chitrakoot 2007
- Research Methodology workshop held at chitrakoot 2009
Para Medical strength
To assist the doctors/surgeons, we have a team of well-trained and experienced following paramedical ophthalmic technicians, and their jobs involve refraction, syringing, NCT, Keratometry, A-Scan Biometry, Computerized Perimetry, Synoptophore, Contact lens fittings & Trial and maintenance of Ophthalmic Instruments and equipment.
RJN also has a team of well trained OT assistants who constantly strive to deliver high quality support function in our Operation Theaters
1-Mr. S.P. Sharma - He is a Bachelor in Optometry Course and has over 20 years of experience and has been a part of team RJN for 16 years now .
2-Mr. Akhil Kumar Jain – A Diploma in Ophthalmic Technique Course with over 13
years of experience has been a part of team RJN for 10 years now.
3-Mr. Shivakant Upadhyay – A Diploma in Ophthalmic Technique has over 8 years experience and has been part of team RJN for over 5 years now.
4-Mrs. Anitha Arvind – A graduate in optometry from the prestigious Elite School of Optometry, a unit of Sankara Netralaya, Chennai , having experience of 4 years in RJN .
5-Mr Rai Singh - He has a Diploma in Optometry and Refraction has over 8 years of experience and has been a part of team RJN for over 4 years now.
6-Mr Dharmendra Kumar -A Diploma in Optometry and Refraction has experience of over 6 years and has been a part of team RJN for over 5 years now.
7-Mr Shailendra Singh Saini. He has a Diploma in Optometry and Refraction has over 7 years of experience and has been a part of team RJN for over 4 years now.
8- - Mr. Amit Savita has completed their Diploma in Optometry and Refraction has over 2 years of experiencea and has been a part of team RJN for over 2 now.
9- Ms. Navneet Gaur has completed their Diploma in Optometry and Refraction has over 2 years of experiencea and has been a part of team RJN for over 6 months now.